Wednesday, June 16, 2010

לא לישון אד ירושלים! no sleep till jerusalem!



I cannot believe my time in Jerusalem is reaching an end, less than one month left and the idea of living elsewhere is something I can't really swallow right now. The culture in this country is something completely distinct from any place I've been. Especially in Jerusalem, such a wildly contrasting city- where passion, religion, insanity, warmth, hospitality converge. It's impossible not to feel this buzz of energy throughout the entire city.

I feel so attached to this place and I am not ready to leave. I feel home. But that's a story for another time, maybe....

My final for Illustration is to create a series of three images that communicate the eighth chapter of Lewis Carroll's poem, "The Hunting Of A Snark." I decided to approach it in a more interpretive way, personifying all of his bizarre characters and emphasizing their environments. I hope I can use oil paint to my advantage and create some sort of mood with material, color, etc. We'll see....Haven't slept in so long! ooy! One more painting of the series to finish then I have to prepare for our Foreign Exchange Exhibition which is this Saturday in the center of the city.


& then there's this....

No comments:

Post a Comment